Student Welfare and SupportMay 26, 2022 2022-05-26 14:37
Student Welfare and Support
Australia and the Student Services Department’s student support and welfare team provide foreign and domestic students with assistance and support services on a number of topics, including general welfare and dealing with lifestyle changes. Where appropriate, our student health and counseling staff provide confidential support services and external referral.
Prior to commencing their studies, they will be required to participate in a compulsory orientation program that will include information:
- Details of internal and external support services that will assist the student in the transition into life and study in Australia. Such services include welfare, accommodation, academic and career advice.
- Legal, emergency and health services
- Facilities and resources
- Organisational policies and procedures including course progress, attendance monitoring, deferral, suspension and cancellation, course transfer and complaints/appeals.
Student Support Services
- Academic, Language and Learning Support.
- Complaints and Appeals
- Any student visa condition relating to course progress and or attendance as appropriate – Students are advised at the orientation of their requirements to continue to meet their visa conditions.
- Deferment and suspension in compassionate circumstances
- Financial Hardship
Student Welfare Services
- Counselling for Personal matters, family matters, homesickness,
- Assistance with Health Services
- Facilities and Resources